Living the yoga life
As we disembark from the rollar-coster ride of the past 2 years and hope for more stability in 2023, perhaps this is a good time to stop and review your yoga practice. If you have been wanting to become more regular, I’ve come up with a mentoring programme that can assist you in doing this.
Living the yoga life is a straightforward method for training yourself and developing the ability to pass on your findings. In my years of teaching, I’ve found that many yoga teachers are looking for assistance in developing their personal practice. This has inspired me to come up with a mentoring programme for yoga teachers, dedicated yogi students, therapists, and workshop facilitators.
Personal mentoring can help you to master the theory and techniques of yoga and experience the joy of stillness. Each weekly lesson includes instructions for specific prānāyāma exercises, meditation, mudras and āsanas, as well as ways to bring the philosophy of yoga into your daily life - also suggested readings.
The material is presented in a unique, systematic way that enables you to integrate it into the framework of your life. The structure of this courses emphasises the personal relationship between teacher and student, with concern for your unique needs. My view of the goal of yoga is that it should promote a steady transformation through experiment and regular practise.
Living the Yoga Life includes
- Introductory 1-on-1 mentoring session with me via Zoom
- Living the philosophy of yoga
- Simple regular practice + keeping a practice diary
- Practising what you teach
- Using breath work (prānāyāma) to calm your mind and overcome distractions
- Regular cleansing of the physical, mental and emotional bodies
- Controlling and channelling your subtle energies
- Seeing with the eyes of a meditator; being a silent witness
- Using the power of sound; working with mantras
- Integrating mudras into your daily life
- Applying these ideas to your personal practice and to daily life.
- Yearly (12 months) £179 – one payment for the entire year. This includes a free 20 minute 1:1 mentoring session with me each quarter of the year (savings of £100 per year) + 20% reduction on all other 1:1 sessions + 20% reduction if you enroll in any of my other courses.
- Monthly: £18 per month, if you set up a standing order. With this option, 1:1 sessions are available at a 20% reduced rate
- Whichever option you choose, you can email me with questions at any time.