Yoga Teachers Guide to the Chakras
An advanced training via Zoom
Classes meet Sat, 2:30-6pm (London time)
6 March, 20 March, 10 April, 24 April, 8 May, 22 May, 5 June, and 19 June
This is a course for yoga teachers who would like to work more intensively with the chakras, integrate the concepts into their existing classes and deepen their own practice.
Student-teacher contact hours are balanced with personal practise:
- 8 LIVE SESSIONS via Zoom (3.5 hours each) + recordings posted online
- Extensive hand-outs (PDF)
- Weekly assignments with assessment
- Daily personal practice
- Guided practice teaching
- Personal mentoring with Swami Saradananda
Introduce students to the concept of chakras and how they relate to yoga practice. Simultaneously deepen your own understanding of these swirling vortexes of psychic energy. In this innovative course for yoga teachers, Swami Saradananda shares knowledge she has gained from years of study and personal practice, much of which is embodied in her books “Chakra Meditation’ and “The Essential Guide to Chakras”.
What you, as a teacher, will get out of this course
- A uniquely practical as well as theoretical approach to chakras with deep philosophical understanding of their nature and function.
- The ability to create chakra-related sequences designed for students on all levels.
- The capacity to adapt your own yoga and meditation practices to move energy upward to higher consciousness. .
- Ways that you, and your students, can use the chakras to manifest your ideas and dreams into more creative embodiments.
- An enhanced meditation practice
- Through a combination of prānāyāma, chanting, meditation and group discussion, this course equips you with the knowledge and skills to take your teaching and personal practice to a more profound level.
You will learn:
- How to integrate chakra work into asana classes, group meditations, workshops and retreats
- Pranayama practices specific to chakra work
- Effects of lifestyle and diet on the chakras
- Online teaching methods
Requirements for participation:
- Completion of yoga teachers’ training
- Computer access, basic computer literacy and an email address
- Possession of a copy of “Chakra Meditation” and “The Essential Guide to Chakras” by Swami Saradananda (either in book or Kindle format)
Cost: £395 / 485 Euros / $585 U.S.
Early bird, book by end of Jan: £345 / 425 Euros / $510 U.S.
To book: a £150 non-refundable deposit will hold your place on the course. Please contact Sally regarding account details. The balance is due 3 weeks before the start of the course.
Classes are small, so please book early. The balance of payment is due 3 weeks before the start of the course.
Any questions: contact Swami Saradananda about the course - or if you would like to arrange personal mentoring – or would like to arrange a customized programme for your group.
Refunds and transfers: once payment has been made, there are no refunds. However, you may transfer to another session of the course, with a £100 transfer fee. You must complete the course within 3 years.
Attendance: Participants are expected to attend all classes via Zoom and be absent only with good reason. If you are unable to attend because of illness or other emergency, you must inform the tutor before the start of the class.
Participants are required to register 85% attendance at live sessions; the first class cannot be missed. If a live class is missed, it is student's responsibility to make up the content by viewing the recorded sessions and doing additional homework as assigned by the tutor.
Participants who do not reach the required attendance will not receive their certificate until they have made up the time/ practice and assignments; this may incur additional costs. If you miss more than one class, you will be expected to transfer to a subsequent session of the course, with payment of £100 transfer fee.
Homework: all homework is non-graded, however written assignments will be either 'pass’ or ‘refer'. If a piece of work is referred, it should be resubmitted when the necessary amendments have been made. The tutor will support and advise you through this process and detailed feedback will be given.
Participants must complete each assignment to the tutor’s satisfaction before going on to the next assignment.
As well as completing written assignments, participants are expected to integrate the course teachings into their own classes. This serves to enhance their knowledge and develop their teaching skills.
Participants will received practice teaching assignments each week; their written homework will include a report on their teaching experience.